If I have to choose a spring love, I choose you.
Stalks of crimson, leaves so emerald, charmed for you my eyes are.
Steadfast to April, you make my heart skip a beat,
Where shall we meet? What will we create?
Vanilla Bean Rhubarb Crumble with Chocolate Ice Cream
Chocolate Ice Cream (of the Vegan Kind)
- 400ml Organic Coconut Milk
- 93 g Coconut Syrup
- 100g Dark Vegan Chocolate (I used 70%) chopped finely
- 1 tsp salt (or to desired taste)
- Warm coconut milk coconut syrup in a small pot on the stove on medium heat.
- Chop chocolate and place into a medium bowl. Once milk and sugar have come to a simmer, remove from heat and slowly pour over the chocolate while constantly whisking.
- Whisk in sifted cocoa powder and salt.
- Cover and place in fridge till chilled, about 1 to 2 hours.
- Remove from fridge and churn in your ice cream machine till it has doubled in volume and resembles soft serve ice cream, Remove and place in a container in the freezer.
* This is very rich and decedent, almost like a frozen pudding! So don't worry, the base will seem quite thick before you churn it, just give it a good mix before placing in the machine.
* It freezes quite solid, so remove from freezer for a 10-15 minutes before you want to serve it.